1. Liquefaction, as by melting by heat.
2. Union, as by joining together, bone fusion.
3. The blending of slightly different images from each eye into a single perception.
4. The joining of two or more adjacent teeth during their development by a dentinal union.
5. Joining of two genes, often neighboring genes.
6. The joining of two bones into a single unit, thereby obliterating motion between the two.
7. The process in which two membranes are joined together.
Stedman’s Medical Dictionary © Wolters Kluwer Health. All rights reserved.