EsclimCompany: Fournier Research
Approval Status: Approved August 1998
Treatment for: Menopause
Areas: Diabetes / Endocrinology; Pregnancy & Gynecology
Esclim (Estradiol Transdermal System) is can be used in the treatment of the following:
- Treatment of moderate to severe vasomotor symptoms associated with menopause
- Treatment of vulval and vaginal atrophy
- Treatment of certain conditions in which a young woman's ovaries do not produce enough estrogen naturally
- Treatment of certain types of abnormal vaginal bleeding due to hormonal imbalance in the cases where doctors have found no serious causes for the bleeding
- Treatment of certain cancers in special situations, in men and women
- To prevent the thinning of bones
Side effects that occurred when using this system include: headaches, nausea and vomiting, breast tenderness or enlargement, enlargement of benign tumors ("fibroids") of the uterus, retention of excess fluid (may worsen some conditions such as asthma, epilepsy, migraine, heart disease or kidney disease), spotty darkening of the skin (particularly on the face), or skin irritation ( a redness or rash that appears at the application site).
Esclim Drug Information
The Esclim drug information shown above is licensed from Thomson CenterWatch. The information provided here is for general educational purposes only and does not constitute medical or pharmaceutical advice which should be sought from qualified medical and pharmaceutical advisers.