1. Making denser or more solid.
2. The change of a gas to a liquid, or of a liquid to a solid.
3. In psychoanalysis, an unconscious mental process in which one symbol stands for a number of others.
4. In dentistry, the process of packing a filling material into a cavity, using such force and direction that no voids result.
5. A chemical reaction in which two or more molecular entities combine, with the concomitant release of a molecule of water, ammonia, alcohol, or some other simple entity.
The information shown above for condensation is provided by Stedman's.
* Stedman's, part of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, provide a comprehensive line of health-science publications for healthcare professionals and medical students.