1. The musculomembranous partition between the abdominal and thoracic cavities.
2. A thin disc pierced with an opening, used in a microscope, camera, or other optic instrument to shut out the marginal rays of light, thus giving a more direct illumination.
3. A flexible ring covered with a domed sheet of elastic material used in the vagina to prevent pregnancy.
4. In radiography, a grid (2) or a lead sheet with an aperture.
The information shown above for diaphragm is provided by Stedman's.
* Stedman's, part of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, provide a comprehensive line of health-science publications for healthcare professionals and medical students.