Pronunciation: lā′bīl, -bil
1. An adaptability to alteration or modification, relatively easily changed or rearranged.
2. Certain constituents of serum affected by increases in heat.
3. An electrode that is kept moving over the surface during the passage of an electric current.
4. In psychology or psychiatry, denoting free and uncontrolled mood or behavioral expression of the emotions.
5. Easily removable, a labile hydrogen atom.
The information shown above for labile is provided by Stedman's.
* Stedman's, part of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, provide a comprehensive line of health-science publications for healthcare professionals and medical students.