1. Something that causes an action or conveys information.
2. A DNA template sequence that alters RNA polymerase transcription.
3. The end product observed when a specific sequence of DNA or RNA is deleted by some method.
4. The message transmitted on binding of an agonist to a receptor.
The information shown above for signal is provided by Stedman's.
* Stedman's, part of Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, provide a comprehensive line of health-science publications for healthcare professionals and medical students.